Monday, February 14, 2022

What A Difference!

 "I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep .... My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and no one will snatch them out of My hand."  John 10: 14-15, 27-28





I Am His, and He Is Mine
George Wade Robinson (1838 - 1877)

Loved with everlasting love,
led by grace that love to know;
Spirit, breathing from above, 
Thou hast taught me it is so!
Oh, this full and perfect peace!
Oh, this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease
I am His, and He is mine.

Heav'n above is softer blue,
earth around is sweeter green!
Something lives in ev'ry hue
Christless eyes have never seen:
Birds with gladder songs o'erflow
Flow'rs with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know, as now I know,
I am His, and He is mine.

Things that once were wild alarms
cannot now disturb my rest;
closed in everlasting arms,
pillowed on the loving breast,
Oh, to lie forever here,
doubt, and care and self resign,
While He whispers in my ear--
I am His, and He is mine.

His forever, only His;
Who the Lord and me shall part?
Ah, with what a rest of bliss,
Christ can fill the loving heart!
Heav'n and earth may fade and flee,
First born light in gloom decline;
But while God and I shall be, 
I am His, and He is mine.
...

What difference does Christ make to your life?  We, as Christ-followers, certainly have eternal life in heaven to which to look forward.  But does Christ make a difference to you here on earth?

Of course it does!  Our life as a Christian is infinitely richer, more secure, and more joyful.  Those who do not know Christ can only know part of the blessings that God has gifted to this world.  Believers know the Creator, and that makes all the difference.

Isn't the sky bluer, the grass greener, every flower face full of joy to be in the sunshine of His grace?  Aren't the mountains more majestic, the ocean more melodic, doesn't each tree lift its arms in praise to the One who made it?  How blessed are we to join in that sweet song of praise and awestruck worship and complete surrender to know the Heavenly Father who has blessed us with every blessing? (See Ephesians 1:3).  We recognize that these are gifts from the God who loves us.  They are expressions of Who He Is and we love Him with all our heart.

Raise your hands and your face to the One who loves you and give Him praise.

...

Links for your enjoyment and further reading:






2 comments:

  1. "All good gifts around us are sent from heaven above. Then thank the Lord, O thank the Lord for all His love."

    ReplyDelete