Friday, May 20, 2022

TOOLKIT - Resurrection in the Old Testament

  Put these verses in your Bible Toolkit.




I've been seeking out verses on different topics and this is my latest discovery.  Enjoy!

Resurrection in the Old Testament

1 Kings 17:17-24

17 Now it came about after these things that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, became sick; and his sickness was so severe that there was no breath left in him.

 18 So she said to Elijah, “What do I have to do with you, O man of God?  You have come to me to bring my iniquity to remembrance and to put my son to death!”

 19 He said to her, “Give me your son.” Then he took him from her bosom and carried him up to the upper room where he was living, and laid him on his own bed.

 20 He called to the Lord and said, “O Lord my God, have You also brought calamity to the widow with whom I am staying, by causing her son to die?”

 21 Then he stretched himself upon the child three times, and called to the Lord and said, “O Lord my God, I pray You, let this child’s life return to him.”

 22 The Lord heard the voice of Elijah, and the life of the child returned to him and he revived.

 23 Elijah took the child and brought him down from the upper room into the house and gave him to his mother; and Elijah said, “See, your son is alive.”

 24 Then the woman said to Elijah, “Now I know that you are a man of God and that the word of the Lord in your mouth is truth.”

 

 

2 Kings 4:18-20; 32-37

18 When the child was grown, the day came that he went out to his father, to the reapers. 

19 And he said to his father, “My head, my head!” And his father said to his servant, “Carry him to his mother.” 

20 When he had carried him and brought him to his mother, he sat on her lap until noon, and then he died.

 

32 When Elisha entered the house, behold the boy was dead, laid on his bed. 

33 So he entered and shut the door behind them both, and he prayed to the Lord. 

34 Then he got up on the bed and lay on the child, and put his mouth on his mouth, his eyes on his eyes, his hands on his hands, and he bent down on him; and the flesh of the child became warm. 

35 Then he returned and walked in the house back and forth once, and went up and bent down on him; and the boy sneezed seven times, then the boy opened his eyes. 

36 And he called Gehazi and said, “Call this Shunammite.” So he called her. And when she came to him, he said, “Pick up your son.” 

37 Then she came in and fell at his feet and bowed down to the ground, and she picked up her son and left.

 

 

Job 19:25-27

25 Yet as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last, He will take His stand on the earth.
26 Even after my skin is destroyed, yet from my flesh I will see God,
27 Whom I, on my part, shall behold for myself, and whom my eyes will see, and not another. My heart faints within me!

 

 

Psalm 71:20-21

20 You who have shown me many troubles and distresses will revive me again, and will bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
21 May You increase my greatness and turn to comfort me.

22 I will also praise You with a harp, and Your truth, my God; I will sing praises to You with the lyre, Holy One of Israel.

 

 

Psalm 16:8-11

I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will dwell securely.
10 For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; You will not allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
11 You will make known to me the way of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

 

 

Psalm 49:13-15

13 This is the way of those who are foolish, and of those after them who approve their words. Selah
14 Like sheep they sink down to Sheol; death will be their shepherd; and the upright will rule over them in the morning, and their form shall be for Sheol to consume so that they have no lofty home.
15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of Sheol, for He will receive me. Selah

 

 

Isaiah 26:19-20

19 Your dead will live; their corpses will rise.  You who lie in the dust, awake and shout for joy, for your dew is as the dew of the dawn, and the earth will give birth to the departed spirits.

20 Come, my people, enter your rooms and close your doors behind you; hide for a little while until indignation runs its course.

 

 

Isaiah 53:10-11

10 But the Lord desired to crush Him, causing Him grief; if He renders Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand.
11 As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; by His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, for He will bear their wrongdoings.

 

 

Ezekiel 37:7-10

So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a loud noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone. 

And I looked, and behold, tendons were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them. 

Then He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘The Lord God says this: “Come from the four winds, breath, and breathe on these slain, so that they come to life.”’” 

10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath entered them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

 

 

Daniel 12:2-3

And many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt. 

And those who have insight will shine like the glow of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.

 

Hosea 6:1-2

“Come, let’s return to the Lord.  For He has torn us, but He will heal us; He has wounded us, but He will bandage us.
He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him.

 

 

Jonah 1:17-2:2, 6-7, 10

17 And the Lord designated a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the stomach of the fish for three days and three nights.

 

Jonah’s Prayer

Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the stomach of the fish, 

and he said, “I called out of my distress to the Lord, and He answered me.  I called for help from the depth of Sheol; You heard my voice.

 

I descended to the base of the mountains.  The earth with its bars was around me forever, but You have brought up my life from the pit, Lord my God.
While I was fainting away, I remembered the Lord, and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple.

 

10 Then the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah up onto the dry land.


No comments:

Post a Comment