Tuesday, June 28, 2022

All The Bible Projects

Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.  Acts 17:11

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.  2 Timothy 2:15

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

.....

I've said I am a List Maker, like my mom. I've kept many lists and here is one more:  

All The Bible Projects.


This is a running list of study projects I hear about from many sources that sound interesting to me.  For a while I was writing them down on any sticky note within reach.  But during Project Sticky Note --when I spent a lot of time and sorted through my mountains of sticky notes on every subject imaginable and put them in more manageable piles and created A5 binders to contain the information (see more at This Post) -- I realized I had a pile of notes for studies I wanted to do.  I finally made a master list of the studies and then recently I divided them up further to studies in the Old Testament, the New Testament, and general Bible, as you can see in the above picture.  

And you can see that I have marked off the studies that I have done (or am working on) and have put into my Bible Reference Binder.   I know I have finished others so I need to update the list.  I am certain that some studies will never be really finished and that is the #BibleNerd in me.  That list of kings and prophets I want to do?  That is going to be a massive timeline sort of project with names, dates, important battles, cross references, and whatever else I can find.  It is just the sort of study for this #BibleNerd and I need to quit thinking and planning it it and start to get the information down on paper.

Oh yes, I have another pile of sticky notes with study ideas that I need to write on there.  The Bible is full of interesting facts and I know I'll never tire of studying the great majesty and mystery of our Heavenly Father.  

Tell me what you're studying!  I'd be happy to answer any questions.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment