Friday, October 21, 2022

Bible Paragraph Summary - First and Second Timothy

Give instruction to a wise person and he will become still wiser; teach a righteous person and he will increase his insight.  Proverbs 9:9



 My NAS Bible has chapter summary headings--sometimes more than one in the chapter--as you can see in the picture of my Bible of Paul's second letter to Timothy.  See the words in the bolded font?  Apparently not all Bibles have this and since I've used the NAS all of my life, I never knew (or realized) that some Bibles don't have these headings!  I like getting a sort of preview of what is going to happen in the story and verses that follow.  I suppose these are included at the discretion of the translator or publisher.

I decided to type these out for every Bible book and chapter so I could easily reference where a particular story or topic was instead of spending a long time searching through the pages for a name or topic to jump out at me.  And what if I am not near a computer or can't whip out my phone to look it up?  (I guess that's the Old School #BibleNerd in me!)  For instance, I wanted to know where the story of Zaccheus was in the Gospels.  I can quickly and easily look through these listings and find that the story of Zaccheus is found in Luke 19.  Success!  And that didn't take long at all.

I've included these sheets in my A5 Bible Reference Binder and I actually have them in a few of my Bible binders so that no matter where I am, I will have access to the information or be able to share the information in a class or Bible study.  I decided to share this information for you, dear reader, in case you are interested in something like this!  It IS #FridayFreebie, after all.  So look for these posts every Friday for a while; I will post the New Testament first then post the Old Testament.  Look for "Friday Freebie" or "Paragraph Summary" in the labels/tags.  Feel free to copy and format them how you will use them.  I think that any Bible study information should not cost anything to anyone and would appreciate you sharing about this content and about my blog with anyone you know would appreciate what is found here.]

.....

FIRST TIMOTHY

1   Misleadings in Doctrine and Living

2   A Call to Prayer / Women Instructed

3   Overseers and Deacons

4   Apostasy / A Good Minister’s Discipline

5   Honor Widows / Concerning Elders

6   Instructions to Those Who Minister

 

 SECOND TIMOTHY

1   Timothy Charged to Guard His Trust

2   Be Strong / An Unashamed Workman

3   “Difficult Times Will Come"

4   “Preach the Word” / Personal Concerns



No comments:

Post a Comment