Monday, February 21, 2022

Love Light Joy

 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death, not life, nor angels, no principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8: 37-39





O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
George Matheson (1842 - 1906)
music Albert L Peace

O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee;
I give Thee back the life I owe, 
that in Thine ocean depths its flow
may richer, fuller be.

O Light that foll'west all my way,
I yield my flick'ring torch to Thee;
my heart restores its borrowed ray,
that in Thy sunshine's blazed its day
may brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
and feel the promise is not vain
that morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from Thee;
I lay in dust life's glory dead,
and from the ground there blossoms red
life that shall endless be.
...

Not only is this hymn set to amazing music (listen below), but it is a beautifully written, deeply felt tribute of praise to our heavenly Father.  He is lauded as our love, our light, our joy...all because of the Cross.  It is a declaration of surrender to His perfect will, a resolve to follow Him for all our days.  These words are the kind of words that one formats and prints out and keeps in daily view to remind oneself of the value of commitment to the long road of obedience to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Grace and Peace to you.

...

Links for further reading and enjoyment:


(much weeping on my part-they sing beautifully!  Oh yes: turn this up)



No comments:

Post a Comment